Saturday, November 6, 2010

Social Scene Lighting Up in Iraq

I used to think it wasn't fair how Iraqi people's lives had been affected since 2007, with the bombings and the invasions. My heart skipped a beat whenever I saw how it went on down there on TV and on the newspapers...
The first foreign circus to unfurl its tent flaps in southern Iraq in possibly decades has sure lightened the mood and cheered up the residents of Basra.




The travelling Monte Carlo circus and its retinue of foreign acrobats, jugglers and clowns is a sign of improved security in Basra.Take note:Basra was once ruled by gangs and militias when sectarian violence flared after the 2003 U.S.-led invasion.
The circus Guys were scared when they were asked to go to Basra...to be honest I'd shit my pants pretty bad too if anyone told me to go to Iraq right...not professional just being honest.
After a few days in the city, the 32-person crew, which includes Spanish, Kenyan, Italian, Austrian, German, Russian and Ukrainian performers, started to feel less anxious, and tentatively began to wander through Basra's markets and streets...Residents Say there hasn't been a circus in Iraq since the 70's.


 Putting a smile on them and their kids faces....How touching...The circus will be in Iraq for 40 days.
Random thought, I really wish I could stretch like these circus girls, but I'm stiffer than a rock
*sighs* anyways, I got lots more talents.. like aiming M&Ms to my mouth eyes closed..good stuff bae bae!!

No comments:

Post a Comment