Friday, November 12, 2010

Africa's Angel: Flaviana Matata

Really proud of Flavvy for this one..Among Africa's Angels,one thing I love is people who give back, to the community to the continent.It says a lot about a person, I myself have plans of many charities all across Africa in the future, Its a dream of mine to help the less fortunate, Show them that the world isnt guns hunger  violence but roses on the other side. Do something for a good cause and help out in the community, after all if we dont do it, who will? 


The Diamond Empowerment Fund™ (D.E.F.) is a non-profit international organization with the mission to raise money to support education initiatives that develop and empower economically disadvantaged people in African nations where diamonds are a natural resource.In 2010, Flaviana became an Angel Ambassador for the Diamond Empowerment Fund and has spent time visiting D.E.F.’s beneficiary schools in Johannesburg, as well as making several appearances on behalf of the cause. Her next assignment is to be a special correspondent to the ALA DEF Scholars who have graduated and are now studying at university in the United States, and working with DEF Scholars from Tanzania on service projects around education and treatment for Malaria.


When I was asked to visit African Leadership Academy (ALA) andCIDA City Campus I had no clue as to what to expect.  But the more I learnt about the schools the more exited and honored I got about the visit.  The two schools have the same goal, but structured differently but each with its own unique and amazing characteristics. The most important thing is that I am glad I am part of this unique and rewarding initiative. As a Diamond Empowerment Fund (DEF) Angel I will make sure the kids of Africa get the best education through DEF and other similar fundsRead More



No comments:

Post a Comment