Thursday, November 25, 2010

Raven Symone On Kontrol

One the  prevvy-Disney girls in Hollywood  that I rili Love..
Been wondering what she's recently been upto

Raven Symone and her comparison to Oprah: “I feel that [people] are really kind in saying that, but I have so much further to go to be in the shadow of her, let alone, right next to her”. She continued, “I appreciate that and it actually sets higher expectations on me than I put on myself. I used to tell one of my friends, I’m not the next Oprah, I’m the next Raven Symone and I feel that way, but at the same time it’s such a great template to go after. She’s accomplished so much that hopefully I’ll be able to do one the creative side in the things I like to do.” 

Her accomplishments has made a great impact for young women and men around the world to follow into her footsteps. Raven always played a positive role since being in the public eye for the last two decades and hasn't endured into Hollywood's trance. She speaks about evolving more into the entertainment business: “It feels like I still have more to grow. It feels like I haven’t reached the dreams that I set when I was fifteen, I still have a lot more to go but I am happy in the opportunities I have been able to be a part of and finish.”

Raven Symone's inspirations comes from various powerhouses such as Yvette Lee Bowser, Debra Martin Chase, and Suzanne de Passe, however, she was enthralled by naming her inspiration; Janet Jackson: “I love her! I wanna be her little sister. I met Joe Jackson the other day and I was like ‘I need to be your daughter’. I mean literally, I want to be Janet Jackson.” Her adoration of Ms. Jackson is quite understandable. “I just think she’s beautiful. She’s lasted throughout so many years. I love the fact that she’s real in that sense. I think some people forget that just because of her name.” Raven is an avid supporter of Janet and says that one of her dreams is to meet Carol Burnette as well.

Source: Kontrol Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment