Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thou Shalt Not Facebook?


Thou shalt not use Facebook,...if this was a new commandement to be added in the Bible, Me;the facebook addict would  be crying somewhere in a corner  Why God..Why? Knowing Im going straight to hell if i got knocked down that instant!
Though New Jersey pastor Rev Cedric Miller has stated that Facebook is the cause of most marital trouble, anything that lets you share your thoughts limitless causes trouble if u ask me lol... 20 couples among the 1,100 members of his Living Word Christian Fellowship Church have run into marital trouble over the last six months after a spouse connected with an ex-flame through Facebook.
Rev Miller is married and has a Facebook account that he uses to keep in touch with six children, but said he will heed his own advice and cancel his account this weekend.
He plans to "strongly suggest" that all married people to stop using Facebook, lest they endanger their marriage.
Now these two are just creepy, no excuse
Because of the problems, he is ordering about 50 married church officials to delete their accounts with the social networking site or resign from their leadership positions
I've been in extended counselling with couples with marital problems because of Facebook for the last year and a half,What happens is someone from yesterday surfaces, it leads to conversations and there have been physical meet-ups. The temptation is just too great.
The advice will go to the entire church,They'll hear what I'm asking of my church leadership. I won't mandate it for the entire congregation, but I hope people will follow my advice.
He asked married couples to give each other their passwords to the site.Some did. Others got scared and deleted their accounts right away. And some felt it was none of my business and continued on.
This is quite a bold move, I gotta agree with the Rev Miller,though at one point  Facebook has kept me in contact with so many old friends that I had no hope of meeting again, it does leads to many relationship problems ... which I have personally witnessed on many couples.The big question is would you cancel your account for your spouse if they asked? No?Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment