Friday, November 26, 2010

Shakira Raises $660,000 For her Charity Foundation!

Shakira one of my most darling givers had done it again, she has agreed to appear in an advertisement for a Spanish cava drink in return for the company, Freixenet, making a $660,000 donation to her charitable foundation Pies Descalzos for schools in Haiti and Columbia..done deal bring the cash in!
Education is a birthright and a quality education is the only tool that a child has to turn dreams into reality.Since I was a girl I have been aware of the tough reality faced by many children.....She also donated the harmonica she used in her music video "Gypsy" for an auction being held by her home country’s branch of the Red Cross in aid of their campaign Dar por Colombia hoy (Give to Columbia Today), which aims to raise money for victims of the harsh rainy season...I'm always amazed when artists donate things like clothes they wore here and there or things they've used and they're auctioned for millions of dollars, like how Kim Auctions her clothes for charity  on Ebay.I always have this 'Really?' Expression on my face... I mean If I was a celebrity and I went broke, I'd just sell a dozen of my clothes....like howToni Braxton auctioned off her worn Underwear and it sold for a wot a billion..Creeepy!..oh wait..was that a rumour?
This goes For why Shakira's my fave artist..ahem ahem..for the day....
ps: Love the boots

No comments:

Post a Comment