Monday, November 22, 2010

Vlisco et moi; une poésie à révéler!


He he he *grins* showing off my french! well the least, took classes since 4th grade and I still halfway suck my french teacher was so passionate its still kinda embarrassing that my french sucks a bit, but I try... it'd be nice to show off my capabilities a little, The title Above Basically means Vlisco and I, Revealing a Poem, It was the theme for the week of Vlisco in the city of Coutonou, Benin
Ladies and Gentlemen behold the new Vlisco collection ‘Gallery of Poems’ being poetic this collection really captured me, You imagine a poetic story of clothes when someone says a Gallery of Poems. From 30 October to 6 November, the city of Cotonou,Benin was dominated with Vlisco!With a Fierce fashion show and the launching of the new 'Gallery of Poems' collection,The entire collection and dresses were designed and crafted by the Vlisco Fashion team.
One thing I like about VLisco is the Fashion House contributes to education in Benin through the establishment of a Tailor Academy that trains tailors in accordance with the Vlisco quality standard. 


Together with the Vlisco Fashion Team, patterns are read and designs made, revised and, finally, translated into lovely Vlisco creations.
Vlisco states:
Once upon a time, Vlisco created a mysterious new fabric collection called ‘Gallery of Poems’. Dreams wander, floating into your own fairyland. Step into a new world and view the designs as objects of inspiration. Some designs will magically transform into a piece of art, adding a romantic touch to the poetic drama, while others illustrate a surrealistic passing of time. The decorative collection is intensified by a flamboyant colour palette. ‘Gallery of Poems’ makes you feel like a fairytale beauty.  
From the Collection I have seen on the Vlisco page I feel like they weren't thaaat boldly represented on the runway...or was it just me?Check out some more photos of Vlisco's Gallery Poems collection and be the judge..
I hope you believe now when I say Vlisco is the High fashion of Africa, All Class...no trash bae bae...I brand them My African Gucci...heck Gucci can touch this!

No comments:

Post a Comment