Monday, November 8, 2010

Chichia London on Swahili Fashion Week

Swahili Fashion week..The Super Hype Event was attended by many fashionistas, many designers but mostly ...my fave Tanzanian Designer Christine Mhando of Chichia London was in da Hizzo Woop Woop!! (little fist pump)
beatifull ladies and Rio rocking Khanga Designs just fantastic
Christine has flown all the way from London to attend Swahili fashion week where she will showcase her 12 collection, aimed for women at the age of 20 to 40’s years old. “The name of my collection is Cocktail, it’s a mixture of colors, and I am experimenting colors and texture using materials such as silk and of cause khanga.” 


I want to get into the American market and Asia as well; I have people order clothes from Asian counties so I thought why not shops that will carter to their needs have.
 For me African fashion is what I do and I have been doing for the past years but for big 
house designer its a trend, which with time it passes but I think that should not be the case, 
we should celebrate African fashion, these big fashion industry should celebrate African fashion. 
 Read the rest of the interview on Daily News here

Chichia For Swahili week lets go! Cant wait for the Runway pics
(Yes I'm a tad bit overexcited to see her pieces, I had too much sugar today)

On Another Scene, Guess who was rocking Vida Mahimbo's Khanga Jeans
Designer Ally Rehmtullah!

No comments:

Post a Comment