Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sade Doesnt want a Collabo with any Rapper!


S
he's one of hip-hop's most adored singers and I myself just adore her! Though Sade revealed in an interview with Los Angeles Times, she has never accepted an invitation to collaborate, despite requests from the biggest names in the game. Sade despite receiving requests by artists from Drake to Jay-Z, she has never felt comfortable working with anyone other than her own band.
"I'm too scared," the enigmatic singer said of turning down Jay-Z's recent request to collaborate. "They'll find me out. It's like 'The Wizard of Oz.' They'll find out there's nothing there. As for collaborations, I'm collaborating with the band and do what we do. I see myself as a member of this band who does these songs that we write."
An admitted fan of artists like Nas and Raekwon, Sade has only allowed MC's to sample her voice in extremely rare cases, albeit at an extremely fair rate. "When it comes to sample clearances, I'm probably the cheapest chick in the west," she told the Times.

Knowing Sade, lets not all act like we dont know why she says no rappers like Jay Z, Drake and the like.. Rappers...

No comments:

Post a Comment