Saturday, October 30, 2010

Miss World 2010

So 18 year old Miss USA Alexandria Mills took the crown for miss world...

Miss Kenya Natasha Metto Miss World Beauty with a Purpose 
Imagine, the only Africans that made it to top 25 were Botswana,Namibia,South Africa and Kenya
Sadly our Genevive did not get much further, better luck next time Tanzania
And Miss Botswana  Emma Wareus Was 2nd!!!!!!!!! I still think she shoulda won She is gorgeous! 
I stomped upon this interview she had on Miss World .Rendezvous with Miss Botswana
In a sea of beautiful women from different parts of the globe that have set foot in Sanya China, what makes you stand out?
What I believe will make me stand out at Miss World is the pride I carry for, not just my country, but my continent as a whole & I believe my walk, my smile & my entire being exudes it. My goal at Miss World will not only be to compete but to respresent my nation & hopefully teach people more about my beautiful country & its rich culture.




 If you could trade places with any other famous person for a week, real or fictional, with whom would it be & why?
If I could go back to her time it would definitely be Joan of Arc. Many people believed she was crazy & perhaps she was, who knows? All I know is that she stood up for what she believed in, even though she was standing alone. That is a quality I admire.


What is your worst quality?
People have told me I am bossy & I suppose it may come across that way, but the truth is I strive hard to achieve what I want & I am very firm about being true to my vision & I have no problem making that known.


Describe your fashion sense & style.
I believe that one should dress the way they feel & I try to potray my personality in my clothes & accessories. I love African fashion & enjoy mixing & matching my countries beautiful cultural attire with western ideas and/or styles.




What's inside your bag right now?
*searching through bag* I have my mobile phone, purse, house keys, lipgloss & mascara, hand lotion, Ipod & some sour worms I promised to buy for my niece.


Any beauty secrets that you would like to share the readers of Missosology?
I believe that when you feel beautiful, you look beautiful so always make comfort your first priority when choosing your outfit.


What is your personal quote or motto that you live by?
Try not to become a man of success but a man of value - Albert Einstein


Name 3 words that your friends would say to describe you & why?
I cheated whilst answering this question & asked my friends their opinions. They said I am Strong, Confident & Loyal because I always keep a smile on my face even through troubled times & I will always put my friends & family first.


Who are your favorite beauty queens?
Botswana's Mpule Kwelagobe (Miss Universe 1999) & India's Lara Dutta (2000)




Tell us about your preparations for the Miss World contest.
I have been putting as much effort as I can into my "Beauty with a Purpose" project by serving my people & my country to my utmost ability & working with those affected by the natural disaster that has devastated the people of the Okavango Delta. I have also been expanding my knowledge of different countries & their cultures & of course, current affairs.


As a contestant, what would you like to see done to improve the Miss World pageant?
To be honest, I cannot think of an aspect or an area of The Miss World Pageant that needs improvement.


Tell us about your dream vacation/destination.
I don't know if this counts as a "destination" but when I was a child I saw a picture of the northern lights (polar auroras) & I have always wanted to be there & see the beauty first hand.




Is cosmetic surgery an unfair advantage in pageant competition. Why or why not?
Personally I would not undergo cosmetic surgery as I believe my looks are part of my ancestry & my lineage. Inner beauty is most important & therefore I do not think cosmetic surgery is an advantage. Miss World is about a lot more than physical beauty.


If you could go back and start your life over again, what one thing would you do differently?
I have developed so many interests & hobbies over the years that I am very passionate about and perhaps it would be nice to go back in time so that I could start them at an earlier age. I would not like to change my past though, because both the good & bad have made me who I am today.




Miss World's slogan is "Beauty with a Purpose." What do you think is your purpose?
My purpose is to serve my people. I aim to aid my country in being an educated, safe, secure, moral & tolerant nation, and in doing so ignite the pride & dignity I know lies in the heart of each & every citizen of Botswana.




Lastly, what's your special message to the worldwide visitors of Missosology, most especially to your fans & supporters?
I am so grateful to have been given this opportunity & hope that I can prove myself to all those that have placed their faith in me by showing the world that I am more than just a pretty face. Thank you to all my supporters & fans both locally & internationally. I am driven & motivated because of your love & support.

No comments:

Post a Comment