Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cover Wars: Music Review

Haven't done 'Cover Wars' for a while and i felt like popping up in the music world letting you know whats up, taking a look at the hottest covers Album covers and Track Covers/arts
Black Eyed Peas computer game-inspired album artwork for‘The Beginning’:
The Beginning’ is “our departure to the new” says Will.i.am“Always pushing new sounds and technology”
Artwork for their lead single 'The time' i guess they're going concept technology with this album, They better bring it, i love these guys!

Single Cover Artwork for the Yeah 3x Chris Brown
Since i loved the video soo much, the dance moves were incredible from point A, im not even gonna criticize this cover, im jis glad he's not pouting like he always does when posing for his single sleeves. Inspired by Anime for the cover art to “Yeah 3X“. Its Definitely better from the last time he incorporated cartoons into his cover art, so that's 2 'yeahs' from me. This track is from his Fourth studio album‘F.A.M.E’ (Forgiving All My Enemies) which will be out next year.

Neyo's Single cover artwork for Libra Scale
As usual Neyo Covers are very predictable, nothing to look forward to, we always know he's gonna wear a suit and a hat 
and if we're lucky maybe some other guys will pop put in the background.

From the ladies we have,
Chrisette Michelle's artwork for her third studio album ‘Let Freedom Reign'
I was about to call her Manager and ask her where she got these Lashes, I'd just die for them, drop dead right there. I love Chrisette coz she's very different from other R&B artists out there, she doesn't follow trends, its just her and her voice,not one auto tune or dance record.

Jessica Mauboy, you probably know her from Australian Idols, Artwork to her new Album Get em Girls
Okay You can listen to her album preview ryt here
Get em Girls music Video  which was literally attacked by fans and critics due to being 'Cheap' 'tacky' and more insulting names that youtube users could find...the comments are ridiculous!..okay the GET EM GIRLS video wasnt 5 star but man!..Did they attack her o wat? i think she sounds pretty good, no comments on the video though. A video don't make a song, a voice does.
  
Kat De Luna, Was wondering which rock she's been hiding under
Artwork for her new album Inside out, She remade this cover after being highly criticised for her previous cover
Which as you can see is highly photo shopped and looks almost unlike her and it got sooo much criticism. This girl got one those voices that makes you tingle, sadly i dont think her management is the best, its been a century since we last heard of her  donchu think? okay literary...

Willow Whip my hair Single Artwork
This cover is just adorable, I can imagine my lil niece singing  'I whip my hair back and forth' Cant wait for this Kiddo to drop an album, she just sounds incredible,when listening to her music you'd think she's a Rihanna fan, nope, Riri is nowhere in her 'Idols' list. I'm sure she'll make grown women grab their lace fronts and make a run for their money!

Talking about Riri, 
Whats my name  song artwork is a pretty classy cover I have to admit, I'm glad this album has less 'Nude artworks' than the last. Less is more Chicka! Cant wait to see the Video.

Lets not Forget
The king of Controversy's new Album artwork
After his previous album artwork for  My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy  got Banned in America
a topless, armless phoenix straddling a demon meant to represent 'Ye'  And the guy tweets about it
like he doesnt understand why his album artwork has been banned, I was more shocked that Kanye was shocked that His Album artwork was banned than I was that His artwork was banned, get what i mean?,

Lets not Forget One of my Favorite West AFrican Singer,Asa
She's a great singer, great songwriter, I knew as soon as I heard  Mr.Jailer I loved her voice and I knew from then, this is her, this is my favorite African Singer right here.I would love to score an interview with her. She seems like a humble a person. My newly fave song from Asa BE A MAN 

No comments:

Post a Comment