Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why are African Countries Impoverished...

And not Developed and Richer like the West? 
Hey Jackie,

I've read most of your articles which are based on Africa matters and you seem to be very strongheaded and idealistic about things that can be done in Africa  especially when you're talking about AID, In one statement you say, you dont think AID has done much in African economies for the past 4 decades, which I highly oppose, you seem to have forgotten why African countries were impoverished . Please Read This ..Why African Countries are impoverished unlike the western world which are richer and more developed
A snippet of the article
African countries and others world-wide that were misled by communist ideals now find themselves in a quandary. African countries have rather eclectic regimes that are so confusing with the vestige of communist principles and philosophies pervading our political doctrines. Though many African countries claim to be democratic such as voting in multi-party elections, elements of autocratic dictatorship underscore our democracy. Human resources needed for national development continue to be selective based on party political leaning. Cronyism that trails corruption along with it remains the order of the day whereas in democracies of the advanced Western countries, corruption as a human tendency has been curbed because State institutions are autonomous and indiscriminate in their functioning. 

G. Masamba
Botswana

Thank you for passing by my articles
 I truly appreciate that. Yes I think Aid is just not playing its part and benefiting the wrong people, is that the West's fault? No and Yes.. Yes They want to help but No, the aid cant revive an economy, because AID has become 'A business' now by all means this is not healthy...Read this.. its my 'pleasure reading'..and at one point i think we're the architects of our own destruction. When it comes to aid and I have very strong views about it, though I dont think that it has done 'nothing at all' for Africa, but it should be doing more than it has done if you know what I mean. And.. thank you for the articles...I think I've read just about enough books and articles on this matter and I'd like to see more of people asking this question..'what to do to make it better' How to save our economy' 'How to battle inefficiency'  than looking back in history and stating facts, we already know, blaming the same people and never moving on.. Yes, I've read enough 'We were impoverished' articles and i think this one is just about my last one... I think we need to stop whining and do something about it, Thank you for sending me this link. Reading through the made me a bit agitated honestly, a bunch of studied men with their PHDs, complaining complaining complaining,yes..we get it.. now do something about it...come back to Africa and make the change you want to see, start a business, do something, I appreciate all the writers for opening up on the matter but youre wise, youre studied, you know what should be done and has been done...so lets do it...it starts with you...that is my stand point on this matter. Thank you For the Opinion!! Keep coming back! I hope I answered your question well..

No comments:

Post a Comment