Friday, March 18, 2011

Back To College For Tyra Banks

College is important guys,  do not take it fore-granted ..a million dollars later You might want to go back after realizing its worth... Tyra did..its big statement for kids out there who idolize her, dont quit school.  Im guessing Tyra wants to be known for more than just the successful Super model with TV Show(2 to be specific) and inventor of 'Smeyes'...but a business giant .She's adding a beauty and fashion advice website to her business empire this week (TypeF.com) and has already gained a whole new vocabulary for talking to her team. "I now can say 'what's the net present value on that?', 'What's the discounted cash flows of that?', and that's because of Harvard." Worth every penny, Tyra. I am glad she's gone back, knowledge is power..you start to realize that but tis never too late... broadening her horizons but also a reputation and a smug of superiority, Its all about Beauty and brains...I always see Tyra as this funny bubbly silly  modelly and cute girl you want to hang out so you can laugh (explains my addiction to The Tyra show)... And always wondered how she'd look like as Business Mogul woman with a billion dollar worth Empire in a classroom taking notes...mmhhh...Now this is a role model..

Oh By The Way...she's enrolled in Harvard University’s Owner/President Management Program



“We do live in dorms. I have my own room. So I have my own bedroom but we share a kitchen, a living room, a study area. Its mandatory dorms. I freaked out in the beginning.[...]I was like, ‘Oh yes, I’m going to Harvard and I’ll be at the Four Seasons down the street.’ And they were like, ‘Girl, you’re going to be living in dorms.’ I was like, ‘What?’ I freaked, freaked, freaked out. And now I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s like summer camp![...]Every time a term ends I get withdrawals and I get attitude for like three months because I miss my friends, I miss my professors, it’s like a bubble.”
“I feel I have to in order to grow my business. People like Richard Branson [Virgin Group entrepreneur] and Walt Disney, these people have created these brands and businesses from scratch. So I look to them as role models. I want to grow my company.”
“I started last summer and I didn’t really talk about it. It was very incognito, my name and everything, but I decided to talk about it [now]. I think it’s a positive thing, especially for girls to see that you can still continue to educate yourself and you can still be fabulous and fierce and celebrate your femininity,[...]I think a lot of girls think it’s either/or, even at my age, I feel that it’s never too late to continue your education. I can’t just rely only on my gut. I have to have the knowledge that my professors have in order to take it to the next level.”



No comments:

Post a Comment