Monday, January 24, 2011

Tanzanian Star Asha Rashid Set to Join Turkish women's league


About the best news I've heard all day...Asha Rashid arrived in Istanbul for a medical with a view to signing for Atasehir Belediyespor Women's FC. A member of Tanzania's women's national squad the Twiga Stars, said she was impressed by the welcome she got.
Atasehir Beladiyespor currently lead the league and Rashid hopes to sign an eighteen-month contract with the club.Asha who spoke to BBC recently said...
We don't speak the same language, but we are already friends...I believe in myself, and I think I can really help this team,.I've seen the football here and I know that it is nothing to be [worried] about;
The striker was noticed on Youtube by Fifa licensed agent Ahmet Goksel Arici, himself a former Turkish national team goalkeeper.

Honestly I dont watch football but i was quit impressed too..
Arici forwarded the links to Atasehir team manager Murat Ulku, who impressed by what he saw, sent her an invitation.Asha Rashid, who is ineligible to play a competitive game until she officially registers with the Turkish Football Federation (TFF), has begun training with the team.
young fans already
On other news:Another Tanzanian international Eto Mlenzi is awaiting clearance from her local club, so she too can join Atasehir.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment