Friday, January 21, 2011

New Authors!: LuLu Mero

Hey Guys! , Know how I always introduce new Authors...celebs or so....well today I got to Home girl Lulu Mero New Author of the Book Floating Life...


Hello! My name is Lulu Mero
I am a Pisces, yes all characters of real Pisces are within me. Don't mind that, i am a bit believer of the horoscope and yes i try to read my star direction. Apart from that I am Christian, Protestant. I believe in God who has three trinity. Right now, I am still a student, i have a long way because I am majoring in Actuarial Science, for those who don't know it; it is a Math major based on statistics, insurance etc. I am also known as Princesslumy my nickname. The lumy part is a combination of my first and list name lulu- LU and Mero - MY. So yeah thus where u get that combination with a dreamer Princess on top :) 
I am outgoing, humble, hardworking, but don't forget to call me CRAZY too, Coco-head, I love living life and my philosophy first is called FLOTATION
Cheerz~




How long have you been writing?
 I don't call myself a writer. But! Yes, with a big BUT, I will take that title because I do write, I write for fun, and i love freedom of speech and expression. I am a beginner. "Floating Life" is my first book. Apart from school essays and English literature class which is the class I hate the most i just don't like writing professional manner. I started blog in 2008 http://princesslumy.blogtoolkit.com/ which i was paying monthly then i opened a free one in 2009 http://princesslumy.blogspot.com/  so that i could improve my writing skills, thus where and when i realized i have a writing talent, more specific a talent of writing poems. 


Floating Life, Was it an Idea that was in your mind for a long time or just abruptly arose?
Floating Life is the title of my book. it just came up abruptly when i decided to make a book. The idea came to me after a long 3 days meditation of my life and thinking what can i conclude out of all the collection of my poems within this book. 

What was your inspiration?
 My inspiration real comes from my fans, my commenter who always give me great critics, some give me awesome compliments which helped me to build self-esteem and continue writing. I love you all out there who read my works, and have been there to comment, advice and criticize in a good way which made me what I am and what i do. 


How long did it take you to write it?
I would say it took me at-least a year to write the whole book. I was writing one poem after another, some i did collaboration with great poets from East Africa, example Ahmed Abdalla aka Mchokozy, Redscar, Bismarck , Mathew Ngao, etc. Each realize of a poem had at-least got viewers before been added to the book manuscript so that i could read comments etc, therefore i can say most of my poems have been edited or reviewed by people's comments in facebook, in creative-poems.com, and by my friends and professors . 


To what group of people is this book directed to?
The book is written by a teenager, and I can't say is that limiting, but i would say it is more directed to people of my age. People who like to float, and like poems.


I'm aware you're looking for sponsors for print publications...talk about that...
 My intention is to contribute to the body of knowledge in writing and publishing.  Tanzania speaks Kiswahili and English.  I wish to pursue my writing and publishing using both Language so that the literature can find a way in Tanzanian and East African community who can only read in Kiswahili or both Kiswahili and English. Publishing in Tanzania is still at a formative stage and it would be expensive and impossible to publish for the reason that I am a student and I am not earning to pay for publication of my work. I have made a publication in both languages which I wish to publish and circulate to Tanzanians and East African with an intention of encouraging young writers and contribute to the body of knowledge. I believe one need not wait until is old to write memoirs. One can write own stories and any age. My book which is the first one to go for publication shares various experience at my age and conflict of interest at adolescence.  Amazingly, at adolescence one does have clouds of ideas and these are very important to share as a youth.  My clouds of ideas are specific to my age and may not be compared because it is my thoughts I am sharing. I request support to publish (As many copies as willing to sponsor) in order to distribute to the cross section of Tanzanians and East Africa for free.  Their reaction will encourage me to invest more time in writing and publishing.  It will also encourage other youth In Tanzania and elsewhere publishing their work.    The cost of publishing and distribution will be.(given in the link below)  Sponsor may wish to contract a company of their choice to do so.
I am praying that sponsors would find reason in my request.  I can also attach my CV for information regarding my career and aspirations. Thus my book publication info http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/princesslumy


And Who did you dedicate this book to?
I am not sure i thought about dedication for the book, but now i would like more to dedicate this book to My African brothers and sisters, and all other teenagers around the world so that they could get promoted in freedom of speech expressing clouds of ideas that we all experience at this stage of life, the stage of teenager-hood.


Do you have any other talents we dont know about?
Talents: I keep discovering my talents every now and then, but so far I can call myself a Poet, I sing, so then I am a singer. I do real sing professional in my church choir, CHURCH OF GOOD SHEPHERD in New York, and I am a Soprano. I used to be in a musical  Theater in high school at HSES, NY.
 I am good in Public organizations,communications, MC, in general I mean leadership skills


Where fo you see yourself in 10 years
Lets wait until I graduate then ask me this question again.
I do change my mind here and now, but I see myself big enough in 10 years to make a change in my community, country and the world. I wont say i will be in government as a minister or the first Tanzanian President, because Hell no I hate POLITICS, but i see myself running a company, giving donations, employing and do big things which God will bless me in Tanzania my homeland 


Guys, Lets Support our girl....buy the book  here

No comments:

Post a Comment