Thursday, July 8, 2010

Greetings from a Grieving La Princessa

Hello there!


people of all corners, many might have noticed I have been missing fora while, a long while and I am sad that I disappeared for so long, but sometimes circumstances withhold and we're left with not much to do. This year has been both good and bad for me for so many reasons but i guess all does happen for a reason, right?! (chuckling a cheese cake)
The tragedy of death is undefined and it cannot be explained, some think they can handle it so they cover their faces with a smile and warm handshake and its over some cry it out, me, i don't know what to do, but since I am poetess... I will write right through it. I lost my grandfather last week,Saturday.When I came back to Tanzania, i guess i waited too long before seeing him, unaware that i only had days before he departed this earth for a greater place and so i waited and waited not knowing i wasting precious time, and when i did go see him, he died on my arrival. It was quite hard for me,for my family. We held each others hands and walked right through it and we're good. I thought, we were all devastated and  we're all sad, that everyone was grieving but I was wrong, you meet so many different people with different personalities at a funeral, different reasons for being there. Our family,friends of the family and companions took a road trip to the southern highlands of Tanzania to bury him in our family graveyard and it was the saddest longest road trip of my life! You laugh but there's no happiness, you smile but its only your lips that are smiling, death is such a hard thing to swallow, they say time heals all wounds...and i hope i can heal mine, in time. It scares me when i think about it, either way, life goes on.And my world goes on.... For all those who wrote to me, saddened that I couldn't write back but I hope you understand. But I'm back now!!!
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment