Monday, July 26, 2010

German Grand Prix...The Controversial Win

Watching the German Grand Prix yesterday greatly dissappointed me, firstly my team....McLaren ran 4th Hamilton and Button 5th,
their cars didn't perform quit as good in qualifying sessions as well but Hamilton's fourth-place finish means he still leads the drivers standings. And then there was the controversial win on Fernando,Fernando Alonso controversially led a Ferrari one-two at the German Grand Prix after Felipe Massa appeared to be given orders to let his team-mate past. It was soooooooo obvious you cant even turn away from it, you could see the hard feelings when they were getting out of their cars at the end of the race and Fernando went in for a hug and Massa shoved him off.Ferrari, were fined $100,000 for breaching sporting regulations and it serves them right...It was just totally unfair. That win was not Alonzo's.
I heard them over their Radio but i just didnt get it till the race ended....


Massa was told by his Ferrari race engineer, Rob Smedley, over team radio: "Fernando is faster than you. Can you confirm you understand?" - to which he responded by letting Alonso through on Turn Six moments later.
Following the move, Smedley added: "Good lad. Just stick with it now, sorry."
Though Ferrari claimed it was "a driver decision" and said no instructions were given to their drivers, its not we're going to buy that!
Though after being asked to comment on the call afterwards, Massa, who was denied a potential win one year to the day after he fractured his skull in the Hungarian GP, said: "I don't need to say anything about that. He passed me."
And Alonso added: "Sometimes you are quick, sometimes you are slow.

Mark Webber, who annoyed me the most on the British Grand Prix ,was sixth after engine problems.
There were  six German drivers racing at their home Grand Prix, but it was Vettel who finished top, securing a place on the podium for the first time in front of his home crowd. And the 23-year-old said: "Finishing on the podium is very special for me, it's very nice and I am very emotional."
Vettel has this thing, I just cant describe it, unlike other drivers who arent on my team Mclaren , I'm never mad when Vettel wins, I just cheer along.

No comments:

Post a Comment