Friday, February 11, 2011

10 Commandments of Love,Life, Regret and Girl Power according to Nicki Minaj


Nicki sat down with NME Magazine during her London trip and revealed her 10 personal commandments...My Fave is number 8

1. If thou is born with it, thou is born with it: I think people are born with star power. I do think that there is something inside of people that when they’re born they’re ambitious. I feel like I was going to win, whatever I have to go through. I’m not gonna let up on it.
2. Thou shalt walk tall: Girls tell me this all the time: ‘Whenever I feel like a bad bitch I play your music’. I want girls to get confidence listening to me; I want them to feel like they don’t have to play second fiddle to a boy. ‘I am not Jasmine, I’m Aladdin’. That’s the first line of my album. Treat me just like you treat the boys, I’m strong, I’m capable, I’m just like them. I can hold my own, and that’s what I want girls to take away. Someone told that to me the other day, ‘You’re not the underdog anymore, Nicki.’ I had to really soak that in, like, ‘What? I’m not the underdog anymore?’ I have to say, you know what, maybe I’m not the underdog anymore. We have to be able to say that, and own it. Absolutely own it. When girls walk out on the street they need to know that if someone doesn’t like them, or doesn’t like their face or their body or whatever, it doesn’t matter.
3. Thou shalt keep it clean: If you listen to my album, compared to my early mixtapes, a lot has changed. I mean, I rally toned down the sexual stuff. There was no need for me to do it, I feel like in the past females have kinda relied on that because they feel like that’s all they have to offer.
4. Thou shalt be what thee sayeth: The more people mocked my individualities, the more I wanted to play on them. ‘Oh, you don’t like my weird voice?’ I’m gonna do it more and more and I’m gonna show you that you’ll love this fucking weird-ass voice! And you’re going to learn to love me opening my eyes and pulling my weird-ass faces because I notice, like, ever since I was little, if I know that something annoys you I’m gonna do it more and more. I wanna get a reaction, I was like that when I was little and it wasn’t a great thing because me and my brother, well, my little brother would beat me up all the time because of it!
5. Thou shalt not get caught: I remember me and my friend, when we were in high school, we always used to steal clothes. I’ll always remember the one time we got busted. It’s always stuck with me.
6. Thou shalt remember what thou hast to lose: People should always think about what they have to lose in life. With me personally I have to always. When I’m confronting people, I think, like, ‘Shit, if I do something crazy right now, how am I gonna explain that to my mother?’ How am I gonna say that my one crazy moment of anger put me in jail, or took someone’s life, how would you explain that?
7. Thou shalt always graft: Lil Wayne is the hardest worket I know, he changed the way I looked at the world.
8. Thou shalt have no regrets: When I was younger Ihad been taught that pre-marital sex was bad, so I always felt like if I had pre-marital sex I would go to hell. So when I did, I really felt like, erm…I went through years of trying to make myself feel comfortable…I spent a lot of time beating myself up.
9. Thou shalt not double cross: In this business it’s hard to tell who are real friend and who are just your industry friends. You’ll know it when they’re not around you and they’re asked a question about you, depending on how they answer that question you see where the loyalty lies.
10. Thou shalt exercise restraint: I have no romance in my life at all, and it’s not important to me right now. I have love for people who are on my team that I see every day and for my family, that’s what makes me do what I do. I also have love for people that I interact with. If I have too much of the romantic love, I feel like it will distract me. Right now I feel like a robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment