Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Midwife Slices Off Baby's 'teeny weeny' finger

Passing through the news today i saw a headline which broke my heart... A newborn baby had the tip of her little finger sliced off by a midwife who was cutting the umbilical cord. Little Ishika Kainth was rushed just after birth from the delivery room at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton to an operating theatre 15 miles away at Birmingham Children's Hospital.That's it..I don't trust midwives, the look on that baby's face,it made me think of my little niece back home....my Gosh my gosh...Little Ishika will have her hand heavily bandaged for a while. By the way, just pointing it out..so you carry a baby nine months and when she  finally comes out u decide  to call her 'Ishika' seriously? some parents...maybe it has another meaning in their tongue...maybe....if its just  'a name' I'd sue!
 Ishika's Parents  say they were told that the midwife had 22 years of experience... this is what happens when people exaggerate over someone's experience....but maybe it was just an honest accident...its just so heartbreaking
 "My husband Parminder told her she had cut the finger off and she replied: 'No I have not.' So I had to say to her: 'Look at all the blood.'
"We were hysterical. There was blood everywhere. It has caused my husband and I so much stress. You just do not expect these things to happen.
"Giving birth is supposed to be one of the most memorable experiences in your life. This was certainly different, but not in a good way."
Mr Kainth added: "There was only one midwife there for most of the birth. After she cut the finger off she left the room to get help.

No comments:

Post a Comment