Friday, May 14, 2010

Hijab High Fashion inspired by Hijabistas


I got an email from a friend in the middle east, A Hijabist and big BBC fan, she told me that my fashion was biased and cannot be applied everywhere and I asked..'what areas cant it be applied?' she said,' in the Muslim world.' This was half inspired by her, a Hijabista. I think fashion should be limitless, to whomever and wherever, and at all prices. And in the Muslim nations, what I Call for is Hijab Houte Couture....because every woman should be fashionable, religion or not. Fashion calls for self-expression and attracting attention but the Islamic headscarf, or hijab, is exactly the opposite. It's about modesty and attracting as little attention as possible.A vast number of Muslim women are fashion conscious blending their hijabs with the latest trends, and they give it a hijab-friendly twist - making sure that everything except the face and hands are covered.They are known as Hijabistas. Today I'm honoring the Hijabistas for doing a remarkable job and giving them a nod with my Hijab high fashion/Haute Couture piece...














 Jana Kossiabati,editor of the blog HijabStyle , which gets as many visits a day from across the world, including Africa, Middle East and the United States."I started two-and-a-half years ago," says Jana, who is British of Lebanese origin."I'd seen so many fashion blogs and so many Muslim blogs but hadn't seen anything specifically dedicated to the way Muslim women dress.I started my own site to bring together elements of what Muslim women are looking for and to make mainstream fashion wearable and relevant to them." Jana says one of the reasons why so many young Muslim women are reading hijab fashion blogs is that the Muslim fashion industry is lacking inspiration.
 Hana Tajima Simpson is a fashion designer who converted to Islam five years ago.
In the beginning, she found it very hard to find her own style while following hijab Hana regularly blogs about her designs at Style Covered . While all her clothes are suitable for women who wear the hijab, she says she doesn't design with a specific group of people in mind. rules.


Designer Sarah Elenany's clothes  are quite different from Hana's - more urban sporty.
Hana Tajima Simpson Hana believes hijab can be colourful


Islamic prints feature heavily on almost all of her outfits, including images of minarets and hands being extended to the heavens in prayer. They are religious, but far from traditional.

Modern Hijab styles




















My Fave Hijabi Collection sets


















Fyi, I'm not Muslim, I just Love Fashion from all angles....

No comments:

Post a Comment