Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mario Epanya's Winkler Magazine...

I love Mario Epanya's work to bits! And now so we can enjoy his work some more, he has come up with an Online Magazine called Winkler Dedicated to African women... I am not only inlove but obsessed with this online Read!

Winkler is a beauty magazine dedicated to black women worldwide. It’s about the evolution of Black beauty in the media and my goal is to be among the high fashion and beauty editorials recognized worldwide like Glamour, Elle or Allure .
If you havent gone through it go to  Winkler
or have a peak below


 Read His Interview Below


Any chance we might see your magazine in stores worldwide?
Hopefully! Working on that. First, I want to see the evolution of the magazine online, to see how the community and women receive it and if the subscribers and readers ask for a print version in a few months or years ,then we’ll make a print version .
Why are you considering moving to SA?
Well I got a few people working in the fashion industry ,models and photographers who told me that South Africa is more open minded to Black publications and that it won’t be much of a struggle to source investment for the magazine .The fashion and beauty industry is growing and South Africa will become, in a few years, a fashion city capital just Milan, London or Paris and it’s time to have some contacts over there .
Will that not affect your business or magazine?
Hopefully not. For issue 2, Innocent Ndlovu, a South African journalist collaborated with me and wrote two articles for Winkler. He is an adventure I know ,but I made the same adventure ten years ago when I decided to move to Paris.
What have you heard about South Africa?
A lot of nice stuff about the fashion industry. Professionalism, multi-cultural and a chance to get more jobs in the SA beauty industry. But I also heard about protectionism. I read in some blogs that the South African government doesn’t give a lot of work permits to foreigners and weird things about the police behaviour to foreigners, but sometimes it’s better to experience yourself.
Why are you tired of Paris?
Don’t get me Wrong , I ADORE Paris ,it’s such a beautiful place to live, my life is here and there’s also a lot of creativity here . A Llot of people may not understand my reaction but as a Parisian , it’s sad to say but the fashion industry here is very conservative and not open to new talents and multiculturalism is a “forbidden word. The Parisian fashion industry, I’m afraid that in a few years Paris will be out of fashion because they are not” sensible to the evolution of the world “.
Source:Juicy Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment