Wednesday, June 15, 2011

iMag's Bhoke Exclusive interview

 Bhoke sure caused some ruckus over at homeland..its like eeerrbody wont let it go, here is her interview  i-magazine with  Sporah Njau...She talked about the whole Big brother Experience and her in-house love interest in Ernest.. Im starting to get addicted to these iMag interviews!

Big Brother is not a series that you say "action" and people begin to act, it's your everyday life it's more like we bring the cameras to your house so after a while you forget the cameras and just live as you would in your own house

The Big brother experience

Once you got into the Big Brother house could you be yourself? Did you find yourself acting or were we seeing the real Bhoke? 
BE: I tried to be myself as much as I could, it is a different environment  so you have to adjust to some things and be flexible but acting NOOO, you can try to the first couple of days but sooner or later the real you will come out!

So, when you were on the plane ready to go to be part of the show, what were you thinking? What was on your mind?
BE: There were so many things on my mind at the time like how will the experience be, what kind of people will I meet, how will my friends take it because most of them didn't know I was going to be on the show. I was very  excited to be chosen!

 Her In-House Love interest in Ernest from Uganda

Of course the questions that are on many people's lips concern a particular guy from Uganda..... when did you first see there was an attraction with Ernest? 

BE: The first time I met him was in Johannesburg I was there for the Big Brother interview and so was he but we did not tell eachother that.  We went out and had a great time when we returned to our countries we kept in touch still, we would call  and text  eachother all the time. 

There are some things that we don't see especially us outside of Africa watching via Youtube and blogs, what was so special about Ernest that made the relationship move so fast?
 
BE: Our relationship did not move fast, like I said me and him met way before and just clicked and being in the same house just made us even closer. 


Another thing I guess is the culture. Here in the UK celebrities make money from their naughty antics on Big Brother.  In Africa it's more conservative. What do you plan to do to erase those antics from people's minds when they think of Bhoke?
 
BE: I think when you meet me you'll see that I'm totally the opposite of what people think I am. You can't change people's minds if they don't want to, it's their prerogative to think whichever way they want about anything.... this experience has taught me a lot.  I know who are my real friends and who are not ....I'm not going to let that phase me and make me lose my focus I think that would be a crime to myself. 
Have you been in touch with Ernest since coming out of the house?  Any plan to go to Uganda? 

BE: Yes we are in touch, he's very supportive and very worried about me and about everything that's going on. I would like to get to know him better and see how it goes he's a great person and a good friend...And I can't wait to go to Uganda.

Other than the 'incident' was there anything in the house, for you, that you worried about your family and friends maybe seeing? 

BE: Nothing whatsover I don't believe in living in fear I'm a free spirit. Whatever happens people move on with their lives so why shouldn't I move on with mine?

REad the rest of the interview with I-magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment