Friday, June 11, 2010

FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Celebration Concert 2010 in Pictures

The Kick-Off Celebration concert was a blast..the perfomances were thrilling and the whole stage seemed to be electric....it was all excitement..at least thats that it seemed like on TV... if you got world cup pictures,do send them to me email,I will be mighty pleased...I'm not much a Soccer fan but every four years i suck it up to watch the world cup...




Alicia keys, i rili do love this woman's voice but last night..she didnt bring it..something was up with her voice, it just sounded so raw...I loved when she turned the empire state of mind...new york to J'burg....loved that!


Pabi Moloi was he host

Angelique Kidjo, i loved it when she sang Malaika! wasnt as good as the Makeba Version but close, she tried...

 Somali-Canadian rapper K Naan and Will.I.AM, Will was so desperate to show us what team he was suporting with his flag...yeah we get it..You're here for Brazil we get it!!!

When K'naan sang wave your flag, it moved me, evryone couldnt stop singign song even as he left the stage..that was an awesome moment. What was embarrasing was  i dint have nothing but an American flag in the house to wave...i ought ta get maself a tz flag real quick!

and
Will, wat was up with that mask?


Fergie rocked that stage y'all!

John Legend...I dont know abt y'all but i found em boring till he sang greenlight... 
Lead singer Kahn Morbee of the South African pop rock band The Parlotones ..I didnt even listen when they were singing...sori, they dint catch my eye or ears

Archbishop Desmond Tutu he was rili funny!

South African folk singer and guitarist Vusi Mahlasela , he sang a song that touched me sooo much, i cant quite remmebr the lyrics bt it was something like 'i may be working in a city called Amsterdam but my heart is in Africa' what i wana know how u give birth to a child and cal em  'Vusi'? do u kw what that means in my language!? dont even ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment