Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Usher: Papers Aint about My Ex-Wife, No seriously...smh...

Usher came out and stated that the song papers in his new album Raymond vs Raymond actually isn't about his ex-wife. Isnt this hard to believe, after, Confessions?
I think people would have immediately alluded to the fact I was talking about my wife when I made that record — and now my ex-wifeWhen the song was recorded, I wasn’t divorced. It was some reality in the contrast of trying to make it all work, having to balance a career and having a normal life. Coming in at 6 in the morning and arguing was a reality when you have those type of relationships. I felt that in a way, the story did touch on certain things at the time. I didn’t know how realistic it would become. I didn’t know I would become divorced. I did know it spoke on the contrast between trying to balance this world of being married and having this responsibility that’s like a marriage at the same time. The song spoke to that place. Unfortunately, it did become a reality.”


Check out the chorus in  the song Papers For you, I gave my heart and turned my back against the world / ‘Cause you were my girl, girl, girl / I done damn near lost my mama, I done been through so much drama, I done turned into the man I never thought I’d be / I’m ready to sign them papers…
  The track was written by Sean Garrett and produced by Zaytoven.
“Let’s say I wrote a record for Usher three or four months ago where I really didn’t have any idea of what he was going through personally. I work really hard at creating records I feel that’s gonna fit like a glove to an artist,” Garrett explained . “Me and Usher have a close relationship; I tend to sort of assist certain artists in giving them a direction, where I think they need to go in their next move. I felt that was the direction we needed to go. I felt that was the question everyone wanted to know: Was [his relationship] good or was it bad? Was it right? Are you happy or you’re not?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment