Monday, March 22, 2010

BONGO'S FINEST!

A Pick of La Princessa's Favorite Tanzanian Music Icons you should look out for in 2010
                                                            SHAA
I am bothered by the lack of FEMALE artists in Tanzania. I believe there is a lot of talent but I assume that maybe it’s due to the lack of a strong market hapa nyumbani, that is when it comes to mauzo ya Albums mara nyingi kunakuaga na utata. Never the less that hasn’t stopped me, neither has it stopped Lady Jdee, nor Witness, nor Nuru, so I encourage and advise my fellow divas out there who dream of being artists, to pursue their dreams. You also inquired about my recent work, for now am busy shooting two music videos of my next releases which are SHOGA and MJANJA, both tracks are from my album ZAMU YANGU. The release of these songs mark the official launch of my album. As for my future plans, I plan to release two more albums then I launch and run my own Entertainment Company called SK AFRIKA which will also promote Female talents za hapa Bongo Worldwide.”


 Tanzania Music Award nominee for best R&B artist in 2008 and a MAMA(MTV Base) Award Nominee in the Best New Act Category in 2009.
 Born Sarah Kaisi November 1985 in a family of four ,Dar ES Salaam Tanzania is a beautiful, crazy( In a good way)- and she stated this herself I swear!) grew up in a musical family but her debut in the musical scene took place in early 2004 with the Group Wakilisha of East Africa Coca Cola pop stars. 
Wakilisha earned themselves a great spot in the Tanzanian Music Industry rocking the charts unquestionably. Dispite their succeses Shaa went Solo and left the group to pursue her studies in Washington D.C. U.S. of A. but that didn’t keep her form releasing a couple of tracks for her fans.



October 2008 SHAA landed herself a  record deal with a MJ Records. Under MJ Records Tanzania and recorded her first Solo Album which is to be launched and released early 2010. Her album “ZAMU YANGU” meaning “My Turn”  is called  so because her X-group members have already released their solo projects so now it’s high time her fans hear from her. The Album Zamu Yangu Carries 10 Songs and in it are Shaa’s favorite music genre such as Zouk, Reggae and Bongo Flavour.
SHAA’s management plans to release at least four singles from the album before launching the album. Singles such as Zamu Yangu which carries the album name. Pambazuka and Zamu Yangu are tracks which have already been released in both Audio and Visual. Both Tracks have had quite amazing reviews in the whole of East Africa proving that its really, HER TURN!!
In her own words she says 
Bongo’s Finest indeed her style, ‘UNIQUE’, just watch her videos, you’ll know what I mean! Wink…



                                                         BEEZY


 I got over 30000 single downloads from my mixtape and over 720 full mixtape downloads and Im already workin on another Mixtape which is gonna be a collaboration mixtape feat. the best of TZ..I already got my homies CPwaa,Big Boss and Solo Thang on it..Nakaaya will dropp her verse very soon,also Fid Q,Mwana Fa,Professa Jay will be in it!!And all that for free!I do it to spread TZ and for the love of music...but after that mixtape (I guess I will call it "Voice of TZ") I will think about droppin my debut album!”
Beezy (born Benson Benjamin Mokiwa,1987 in Mlalo(TZ)23
Genre: HipHop,Rap,Crunk,RnB...(sometimes I do even techno..lol..check out the song "Sexy Lady")
Moved to Germanyat te age of 10 and resides there till present he’s pursuing further studies.He started rapping at the age of 17,with friends at a local rap jam.
“Since that day I was in love with the music!I went home next day,bought me a mic and computer and started practicing the whole day..it was soo funny.cause i thought Im good and did an album at the same day..lol!it was soo baaad..”
3 years later I met some guys who were really known lokal and I start hangin up with them to learn more about all that!I realized very quick that I wanted it more than everybody else who was calling himself rapper..they taught me how to rap,how to perform and all that!!Now its 2010 and the same people who taught me how to rap ask me how I do it!!its kinda crazy!”
His break into popularity began in Tanzania after the song "When We Ride" which was hot track and after dropping a mixtape on his birthday 15.02.2010 called "The B-Day"
“People out here in germany started to get crazy about Beezy and they have been screamin T to the Z at one of my show..they don´t even know what TZ means..lol..but from that day I knew that iRep TZ how I wanted it...” 
 Pepperusha Bendera Bongo’s Finest… keep doing what you do best love you at it.


PS: I’m Addcited to this guys work! check him out at  www.beezy-music.com


       Aaaaannnddd.......   The Comeback you should be awaiting!

                                               KINYONGA
”With Human rights center, I have learnt (as an artist) my role and responsibility towards community and as i want to play an important role..”
“i wish to advise my friends(musician) that if you get an opportunity to study dont mess it up, it only through education you can liberalise yourself and your music....”





Geline Fuko aka Kinyonga became popular in the Bongo charts when she released a single track in 2003 ''Style Hii'' The track was produced by PFunk majani at Bongo records studios and I featured Kayemba(Jacqueline Mgumia- lecturer Univeristy of Dar es salaam). Prior to Style hii She did two other songs one with Dully in Dully Skye's 1st album titled Monalisa and the otherone is called Pokea. After Style Hii She did another song with Juma Nature but is yet to be released, The song is called MUziki ni Kazi and was produced by Pfunk,I also have DJ song produced by Lamar at Bongo records studioz
”I couldnt do much to release these songs and to complete my album because by then I was doing my undergraduate LLB(Laws) degree at the University of Dar es salaam and school was too demanding as much as music, so i decided to complete my undergraduate degree first.”
After her graduation she joined music May day Tanzania where she got an opportunity to attend Music production course. She participated the said classes which were taught by two Dutch teachers and I was assigned to run Music May day studio and produce for music mayday upcoming artists.She produced the song and the dutch did the video production. She also did one song with Esther Wassirra, Pop star 1st runnerup
Again she had to leave Music Mayday for a job with Legal and Human Rights Center (LHRC) as legal officer. I decided to join LHRC for she wanted to have at least Legal experience since it is what I major at the university.
After two years with LHRC I got employed with Media Institute Southern Africa- Tanzania Chapter (MISA-TAN)as the legal and broadcasting officer. with MISA I got experince in working with media in all SADC countries in southern Africa. I participated in a number of legal reform in relation to media in Africa, I made sure that laws related to media provide opportunity for the growth of Tanzaniamusic too. I created network and partcipated in many forum that advocate for the growth of BOngoflava in media.
 I worked with MISA for one year before I came back and join LHRC to run Parliament Watch Department. With this department I analyse bill tabled before the Parliament and any matter in relation to Parliament.
”Early this year I had a conversation with Pfunk. one of the main agenda was my return in bongo flava. one of the outcome of our conversation was the production of my album, I started working with my new album and I have already made one song titled FIDODIDO feat KKando the Banker.”
 People expect to see new kinyonga with new flava and taste.
The song is ready but it wont be released it until she finishes the whole album this June and leaves for Italy and Germany to study Masters degree late this August

No comments:

Post a Comment