Thursday, March 25, 2010

Keri Hilson, Inspired by Africa...??



Keri Hilson received plenty of accolades during her transition from songwriter to performer, including a Grammy Nomination for Best New Artist.
Now, Hilson is in full-on artist mode as she works on the follow-up to her debut album, In a Perfect World ... . According to Hilson, promoting her first album actually helped inspire her sophomore effort.
"Everywhere I travel, I get music from that region of the world," she told MTV News. "I've been to Nigeria, I've been to South Africa, three cites in Africa [in all]. I gather music from these regions, and African music is very drum-heavy. It was very inspiring. I'm definitely going to be using some of that inspiration." says Keri in
an MTV interview
Uh huh..yeah, We get it...She's been to Afriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiica!!

Keri Hilson in South Africa


No comments:

Post a Comment