Monday, July 18, 2011

Is it a sin to Repeat an outfit?




Dear Jackie, 
A while back Everyone was talking about Kate Middleton's outfit repeating habits except you and amongst all fashion bloggers, you've never really talked about it! I was wondering, since you're so on point with fashion, what are you're views on 'outfit repeating?'
                                                                         Torie Amaka G. U.K.

Is it a sin to Repeat an outfit?
I never really talked about it coz i never thought it mattered, is there woman who goes all her life without repeating an outfit, its just that we expect people who earn more to not repeat outfits, not true, women are women, clothes are clothes, if we like it, chances are we'll wear it again..and again.., if we bought something we love, expect us to wear it, you know...more than once..that is what clothes are for right? I mean are we supposed to wear them an dump them just coz we've been seen in em once?

















I happen to be friends with a girl who tries with all strength to never be seen in the same outfit, 365 days a year, I can tell ya, thats hard. I never really get the whole I cant repeat an outfit thing,. I mean if  I buy something and it looks good on me..I'm gonna wear it soo much that theres gonna be a time lines of the dates i wore that piece...lol
Girls sometimes forget the fact that everybody repeats an outfit! Everybody!, there must be that one dress that we like or that one coat that we love so much or that skirt we cant get enough of. Is it a fashion crime? Nope! Its just an outfit we love, trust me, no one will hunt you down with an arrow or stab you with a knife once you're spotted with the same outfit, all you have to is re-style it differently and accessorize differently. In short give it a second life.
What I hate is some girls try to act like they have never repeated an outfit and the mention of 'outfit repeaters' could throw them in a fit,In fact if you even suggest it, they could kill you right there and throw your body in a river.    The friend of mine who is obsessed with never repeating an outfit, once refused to wear a skirt that she wore 2 years ago at a party unless everyone who was at that previous party suddenly dropped dead and there was no proof of the Repeatance, Bizarre, I know..I didn't get it too.. Relax...the top looks cute and the dress fits right, and the skirts still tight, why not? Its not like you'll drop dead...No really, you wont!
And Personally I really don't care if someone catches me in the same outfit twice, what matters is I look good. Hope i answered you're question.

Women, its okay to repeat an outfit!
Victoria Beckham
Kate Middleton
Paris Hilton
Michelle Obama
Anna Wintour

No comments:

Post a Comment