Sunday, April 24, 2011

Album Covers..

I was passing through random Tanzanian Music last night, in the middle of the night... I was stuck somewhere between Insomnia and Nikita-ish Revengish Violence state of mind, triggered by crickets, outside my window..Is it mating season?... and Pigeons on my balcony, it seems they have joined forces for the worst..to destroy my sleeping pattern right before my big big exams...aaaahhh fresh..just what I need, I hope this has nothing to do with what I did in January...learned to use a sling on all the pigeons who were residing on the window top of my balcony, still dont know what I did to those crickets..again..it could be mating season..sometimes i think animals are little humans just overlooked...mh..well it turned out for the good...i lost my sleep..went through albums, and I randomly thought... we have come an awful long way on those Album covers...From this....
(Okay this ones Recent not too recent,not as old as ones above...heck you can tell?!  but, I just dont like it..)
To this






 This Kamili Cover, Mwasiti's album cover I love the attempt...its different....




Well,I hate it when a good album has a bad cover,when i walk into a record store, lets face it, I'll take the album  with the pretty picture on it.....if the music is bad...cringe...but theres nothing worse than good music in Bad bad bad album covers,Okay im just obsessed with album covers ...not many artists used to put alot in Album covers back home, I mean if we were lucky, we'd get a 'good' face shot and thats it...Im glad thats changing.. 
My concept is pretty simple...if you're gonna sell me Gold, dont put it in a plastic wrapper
ps.. I rili miss Jacqueline in the Music Scene... The girls stunning...she's lovely to look at...and i loved her music...
but... Below.. Face Shot...no.

No comments:

Post a Comment