Monday, August 30, 2010

iLike:Diandra Forrest

African American with blonde hair, high cheekbones, hazel eyes and full lips , Diandra Forrest i gotta tell ya this girl is An absolute beauty, and the first African American female albino model . Discovered by photographer Shameer Khan and is now signed to Elite.


Shameer says “It was a couple of months ago when I first met Diandra. She was walking down 34th street and I took one look at her and was like "Wow... That girl is beautiful!" She was moving soooo fast and I was not going to let this one slip by! So I finally caught up with her and spoke to her about modeling and she was very interested. We met up a lot of times after that and then I started to take pictures of her as often as we can. There was somthing specific that I wanted to do with her because I knew she was a special girl and we both worked towards achieving that. I finally presented her to agencies when she was ready to be revealed, and it was such a pleasure for me to finally share this precious diamond that I have been keeping under the radar. I am proud to say that Diandra is now signed to Elite.” Some people just have good blood..why don't ever run into people like that? Stuff like this never happens to me! The only pipo i run into are the police, my dentist, my kindergarten teachers..heck!
When i think about My Home country's ( Tanzania) battle with the Albino Massacre, I am so proud to be seeing this girl show such talent and beauty , the depiction of albinos in the media isn't very positive afterall .if its  a movie with an albino character, that person is usually a bad guy or something not quite human and witchy...which is sad when i think about how society portrays other people who just have diff pigmentation so different...imaking them look so negative.The Albino issue back home was just sooo sad, so humiliating, so inhumane, that i remember i heard soo much untrue stuff  going around about Albino that it somehow feels like we were all just blind folded al our lives, truths that had never been talked about. To have Diandra out there doing her thing, touched me...I just Love this girl right now!
beauty my friends, does not rely on color or the lack of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment